Thursday, October 2, 2008

La musique d'aujourdhui

Tunes running around my head, through my ears, over my heart today...

"It Feels So Good"--Sonique
"Plowed"--Sponge (one of my favorite songs ever in life, ever ever)
"Brown Eyed Girl"--Van Morrison
"Human Love"--Dirty Vegas
"The Way You Love Me"--Colton Ford
"Insomnia"--Faithless

Well, that's a strange mix of Hippo and Hammerjacks, isn't it? LOL!!

One of my colleagues is the fabulous Dr. Ed Baker, who's been teaching here at Chesapeake since it was founded, I think. He's a big lively storyteller with loving words for everyone he meets, and I can only aspire to be as openhearted as he is. Anyway, he was telling me this morning that in his classes, he asks his students to come up with a "passion name" for themselves...the name that they would be called if they got to choose a name...something reflective of their personalities. Hm. I thought about that for a hot minute, and realized that if I could pick a passion name, it would be FRANCESCA. I have always loved that name. It sounds like champagne or sunshine or something. I would love for that to be my name. But I guess I've been Andree a little too long...Andree is stuck to me like glue. It would seem vacuous to change my name at this point. I feel like I could start my life over if my name were Francesca. But I have the life I have as Andree, and that's what stays.

Gotta get ready for class.

3 comments:

theminx said...

I'm pretty sure I have only heard one of those songs...and Van Morrison is right up there with Bob Dylan on my playlist...lol

DJ Key West Romie said...

What about "99"?

Andrée Rose said...

Romie! I love you, you crazy thing, you. Write to me and let me know what's going on in the state of confusion.