Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thursday

Not a whole lot to say today. I'm wondering if anyone reads this, or if I'm just writing to please myself. Maybe I shouldn't care. After all, the pleasure is in the creation of the words, not in the audience's reaction to them. I love writing. I love the feel of the keys underneath my fingers and the lightning connection to my brain. When I get on a roll, it's like I'm almost not thinking about it...the thoughts get composed so instantaneously that I can barely move my fingers fast enough to get them down. I love that. Years ago there was a book called "Flow" that described this phenomenon perfectly. I forget who the author was except that he had a very long Polish name. (Sorry to all of my Polish readers. LOL! Actually I do have one Polish reader...probably my only reader! Love you Kath!)

Quick gratitudes and then I'm off to the gym:

I'm grateful for:
  • my health (blood tests for foot surgery show that I have really good blood!)
  • my excellent, witty podiatrist
  • the gym being right here on campus
  • that it's THURSDAY already
  • a busy, productive, extra-money weekend coming up
  • the fact that my feelings about things are so profound...I'd rather be alive than sleepwalking through my life
  • possibilities
  • love
  • friendship
  • the purple evening coming up on Monday!

Love. Peace out. All that.

2 comments:

theminx said...

Sorry, Chica, but Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi is not Polish. By the looks of that name, I'd say he was Croatian or maybe Hungarian.

tell me about the foot surgery....

Love you too!

Andrée Rose said...

Ok, I can't believe you spelled that guy's name. Then again I wouldn't know if you spelled it correctly or not, LOL!